The Ramp v0r8
click to launch
<>New in the Ramp:
- Color-coordinated work & energy.
- Initial work is accounted for.
- Better Model:
- Wall collisions show up as heat.
- Transition from ramp to ground is
correct with respect to energies.
- 5 independent equations constraining
works & energies are asserted (not emergent)
- Added a button to rezero thermal
- Made measuring tape optional (checkbox)
- Bugfix: Force arrows now appear on
- Bar graphs:
- Labels beneath.
- Titled graphs.
- Reordered works for symmetr/y.
- Work is on the left, Energy on the
- Selectable from the control panel
- When ramp overheats, “Warning:
Overheated” appears by the ramp, as well as a reset button.
- Hid some features in an Advanced Panel.
- X & Y force components are striped
- Add option to graph Parallel
Components of forces
- checkboxes should allow user to show
any combination of energy (on graphs)
- Show all grab bag choices at once? (on
- Set initial conditions.
- Old idea: Set object at top of ramp
and have it stay while you get ready to release.
- A hook?
- Set infinite friction?
- Water splash to cool off on reset
thermal energy button.
- Coordinate views (of force arrows)
should look different.
- Try sparse stripes in the direction
of the unit vector.
- FBD inside advanced panel?
- Some other object (not a brick wall)
at the top of the ramp.
- Add vertical & horizontal axes to
- Set initial conditions:
Position, Applied force text boxes on left hand side.
Go/Pause/Clear next to the slider (not the
energy or work graphs).
- Tab 1: No graphs
- Show all grab bag choices on the
- Tab 2: Graphs
- Advanced features
- Advanced Graphs
- Coordinate Frames
- Friction Control
- Wiggle me on the ramp.
- Wiggle me for applied force.
- Test at lower resolution.
- Audio (for crashes & splashes)
- Performance Enhancement.
- Improve screen layout.
- Start the block at zero.
- Arrows (and labels) should be offset
- Especially problematic for small
- Arrow text label centering fails for
arrows at angles.
- 100% processor while just sitting
- Zoom on charts doesn’t work.
- Simulation should stop at 20 seconds.
- Graphs don’t clear after GoPauseReset
reset button pressed.
- Clear doesn’t clear the bar graphs.
- Reset has no warning box.
- Play should not be selectable until
the user has stopped taking data
- (pushed pause in go pause reset).
- Applying a force across the surface
boundary should recompute the force arrow (it shows up at the wrong
(same old) angle).
- The object ‘sticks’ at
the boundary between ramp & ground, causing discontinuity in
- Minor bugs in playback
(man position, etc.)
- Rename or coname Applied Force to Push
or Man or Applied (push) or something like that. I
don’t think students will easily make the connection between applied
and the push.
- The Total energy bar should be
multicolored showing the addition of all other energy as with the
springs and masses bar graphs. I would not
suggest this feature for Net Work because of the negative work done by
friction. VS. Both Applied Work and
Total energy having the same (solid) color.
- Add a Work done by Normal Force bar
(even though it’s always zero)?
- Is the striped component view worth