PhET Progress Report
September 17, 2009
An online version of this report is available here.
Here's a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
· Sam M reported issues with voltage drop across capacitors, regarding the scenario detailed near the bottom of #1737
· Here’s a screenshot of the case under discussion
· Added reporting facility so we can easily visualize changes in a sim or its dependencies
· Configured laptop for phet usage (vpn, ide, build metadata, office)
· Tested font rendering under XP and Vista
· Generate SVN Log info, example output for gravitaitonal-force-lab here
· Posted 1.03.41 with 16 features/fixes
· Independent controls for wall bounce (with spring) and surface friction
· Frictionless surface indicated as icy
· Improve layouts
· Misc bugfixes
· Post gravity force lab
· Ramp simulation, see to-do list
· E&E graph should have record/playback, use Scala recording controls.
1. Noah provided a mock-up, see email
2. Rewrite this component in Java?
· Discuss MyCanvas layout implementation with Chris, John, Jonathan
1. Still experimenting with it
1. Decide which of these sims should be reposted, or whether we'd like to investigate the source code for changes before investing in repost + retest.
2. Chris recommended making common text change logs available to testers
· Motion Suite: need to discuss Robot Moving Company games with NP
· CCK - new Physics implementation, testing and performance analysis (with Sam M)
· JMonkeyEngine/Xith /3dzzd/Flash/Papervision3d/Feng Gui