PhET Progress Report
Sept 13, 2007
An online version of this report is available here.
Here’s a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
· Drag brake force character to apply brakes
· On radius graph, display (constant) brake radius
· Added a graph and type-in box for applied force radius application point
· Added record/playback for 4-dimensional applied force value
· Added type in text area for applied force
· Fixed: Can apply force to empty part of the empty ring merry-go-round
· Simulation model is paused when laser blows up, model restarts when the user changes the intensity of a beam or resets the entire simulation
· Fixed: "Laser blew up" message erroneously stays in front. Simulation is reset when the user changes a beam rate.
· New parameter settings/slider ranges?
States of Matter
· Collaborated with John to initialize States of Matter sim
· Code style – discussed & standardized style conventions
· Repository – cleaned up phetgraphics demo for future usage
· QM Paper – read and discussed Sam M’s paper
· Collaborate with John on States-Of-Matter
· Licensing issues/Meet with Kate Tallman
· GUI for translation system