PhET Progress Report
September 10, 2009
An online version of this report is available here.
Here's a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
· The 3 buggy scenarios in 1737 appear resolved in 3.17.13
· Emailed Sam M on 9/5/2009 for testing assistance for the above and to see what's next
Force Law Lab
· Posted 0.01.13 and 0.01.14, which include character graphics
Motion Series (moving man, forces and motion, the ramp)
· Posted 5 revisions (including 22 updates), latest is 1.03.40
· Coalesced into a single project "motion-series"
· Added stage coordinates, and mix with screen coordinates for improved layouts
· Added an initial draft version of moving man based on this project
· Implemented smoothing for position dragging on moving-man sims
· Discussed with JB, JO, CM how to best identify changes that have snuck into a sim from common libraries, to help focus testing before sim deploy
· Scala meeting on Tuesday at Boulder Java Users Group
1. Speaker was excellent
2. About 35 in attendance
· E&E graph should have record/playback, use Scala recording controls.
1. Noah provided a mock-up, see email
2. Rewrite this component in Java?
· Discuss MyCanvas layout implementation with Chris, John, Jonathan
1. Still experimenting with it
1. Decide which of these sims should be reposted, or whether we'd like to investigate the source code for changes before investing in repost + retest.
2. Chris recommended making common text change logs available to testers
3. What about mining svn change logs to post with dev versions?
· Ramp Simulation: waiting for feedback from team on several issues
· Should we implement Charge Force Lab to combine with Gravity Force Lab in Force Law Lab? Or post Gravity Force Lab as a solo first?
· Motion Suite: need to discuss Robot Moving Company games with NP
· CCK - new Physics implementation, testing and performance analysis (with Sam M)
· JMonkeyEngine/Xith /3dzzd/Flash/Papervision3d/Feng Gui