PhET Progress Report
June 12, 2007
An online version of this report is available here.
Here’s a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
Energy Skate Park
· Fixes for E vs. T graph
· Experimented with renderers E vs. T graph (right click graph for options)
· Fixes for record/playback controls
· Fixes for “return skater”
· Misc bugfixes
· Near completion of this draft
· Discussed correct layering while maintaining high-performance for nonscrolling time series graphs
· Discussion with Chris & John; no quick & elegant fix so far
· Need to decide tradeoff between:
o Time spent to implement
o Robustness, elegance & reusability
o Runtime Performance
o Visual Correctness (layering)
· Fixed: "molecules stick to right wall and pass through left wall" bug in reversible-reactions module.
· Fixed: sim fails to start sometimes (due to threading issue)
· Internal restructuring of build information/structure
· Posted to main site (all 3 related sims in English & Spanish)
· What about “diffusion sim” aka Molecular Beam Experiment?
· Finished internationalizing
· Improvement of translation template
· Produced a version that starts up with only position chart visible
· Published Slovak version
· Discussion with Chris and John
· Handling of native character sets (for Slovak case)
Clock Control Panel
· Internal restructuring
· Embedded phet simulations in activities:
· Other activities available here (choose physics)
Self-Driven Particle Model Tutorial
· Added code & license permission to the repository
Buildable Source Distribution
· Good time for a discussion of buildable source distribution?
· Benefits and drawbacks?
· Piccolo agreed with our “wish list”, and expressed interest to keep code consolidated rather than split, gave permission to write to their codebase
· Bug in Piccolo drag handling
· Rotation/Torque (with John)
1. Time Series
2. Physical model (with correct offsets in derivatives)
3. Charts (with correct layering for data series?)
· Energy Skate Park?
· GUI for translation system
· Convert Moving Man, Force 1D, Ramps to use new motion code?
1. remove old CCK, upgrade to CCK DC Only version after some small fixes