PhET Progress Report
May 21, 2009
An online version of this report is available here.
Here's a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
I'll be out of town and away from email June 8-23.
· Latest version 0.00.11
· Density Model
1. Blocks are draggable in x-z plane
2. Added scales
3. Fluid height (nonlinear equation)
4. Solve for interaction forces as matrix system
5. Blocks are stackable
6. Lots left to do, see design doc
· Piccolo rendering
· JMonkeyEngine rendering
1. Integration with Piccolo/Java2D
2. Picking, block mass readouts
3. Embedded swing components doesn't handle focus/key events on Mac
4. We should look into Jogl/Xith to check better swing integration; some clues on the web indicate that Jogl/Xith works better in Java 1.6--if so, is this something we should pursue?
Radioactive Dating Game
· Collaborate with John on graphics, coordinate frames and transforms
· Resource deployment: discuss with Jonathan
· Test resource deployment
· Continue model for density sim (object editor, movable scales, spherical objects, etc)
· Continue integrating JMonkeyEngine with PhET build process and phetcommon
· Investigate swing behavior in JOGL/Xith
· Discuss 1/r^2 sim with Wendy
· Discuss physics/math sim with Wendy
· Remove buffering from PSwing for rendering improvements, speed improvements and to avoid mac rendering problems
· Ramp Simulation, fixes and updates, including charts
· For details, See ticket report "Sam R: Report" here