PhET Progress Report
December 3, 2009
An online version of this report is available here.
Here's a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
This report covers Nov. 20- Dec. 3, and I was out of town from Nov 22-29.
o Posted testable CCK on dev as 3.17.21, emailed Sam M for testing
o Sam M raised 2 new issues #1909 and#1911 for discussion
· To Do
o Kathy: waiting for feedback on 2 cck issues #1909 and #1911
1. Post CCK on tigercat
2. #1888 notify folks when 3.18 is posted, Marj could help
o Worked with JB on coordinate frames, identified a bug in LacZGene positioning
o Discussed unused code inspection
1. Inspected JO’s changes to clock controls
2. Verified CM’s change set in phetcommon regarding closing JARs, see #1895
3. Added a java command line utility for inspecting timestamps, see #1903
4. Worked on license annotations with CM, see #1908
5. Tested Flash build changes made by JO, see #1892
6. Discussed time control in natural selection.
7. Discussed common strings deployment (ZipException), #1902
8. Discussed testing JNLP offline, see #1921
1. Raised #1924, searching for deploy_all.jar
2. Raised #1925, accesscontrolexception when running locally under webstart
· To Do
1. #1908, how do we annotate what are licensed sources?
2. Jonathan: approve retesting of 1902?
3. Check with Mike about Flash CS4 licenses
4. Discuss online vs offline stats tracking for developers
1. Identified cause of Popup-combo box issue, see #1880
· To Do
1. Add Go button left of slider
1. Sim starts up with no Go button visible
2. When the sim is paused and the user moves the slider or types in the text box, the Go button becomes visible
3. Go button remains visible after becoming visible
1. Add clear button in chart area
2. Issues discovered by NP’s interviews
3. Moving man coming up next, waiting until a version of F&M + Ramp posted to tigercat before undertaking significant refactor
4. NP: decide what the FBD sim should look like (if any), this will impact our decision about what to do with motion-series
1. Split vectors when in point-of-origin mode
Eating & Exercise
1. Discussed NP’s mock-ups, provided some modifications
· To Do
1. Port motion-series controls to Java
2. Wendy/Noah: Waiting for confirmation from Wendy on time representation in E&E snapshots
3. Noah: What is the probability we will want to use temporal charts in this sim, possibly in the future?
1. Fixed: In RadioactiveDatingGameApplication 2nd tab, some bounds have NaN against Piccolo 1.3, and nothing renders, see #1900
· To Do
1. Global font specification, see #1914
2. #1821 update piccolo
1. Sims need re-testing with recent pswing changes
3. PSwing needs improvements for drop-down boxes
4. PSwing needs improvements for removing components
· To Do:
1. Chris: discussion of MyCanvas # 1907
1. Better support for coordinate frames, see MyCanvas. Probably should port it to Java for discussion purposes. Is there already documentation somewhere about the flaws with existing system? How to handle screen à model mouse events? Where is the ModelViewTransform2D?