PhET Progress Report
October 30, 2009
An online version of this report is available here.
Here's a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
· Kathy/Mike: comment on CCK AC + capacitor issue #1839
· Wendy: approval to spend time on build process for removing jarsigner credential requirement (any developer), #1838
· Wendy to delegate task of “individual-deploy” of phetcommon-fonts.properties. #1850
· Noah/Kathy/Wendy/Trish: triage of pre-existing to-do’s for motion-series (below moving man section)
· latest version is 1.03.56
· 22 changes based on recommendations from Noah and Trish, see change log.
· Getting ready for interviews on Friday
· Provide anti-alias for jagged font text
· Start separating model from view
· latest version is 3.17.17
· fixed e-e repulsion issue #1828
· Made it so the switch graphic is shown as closed when loading a closed switch, resolves #384
· Fixed: advanced wire resistivity slider starts at incorrect slider position, resolves #1842
· Posted E&E with minor text changes on tigercat as 1.02
· Submitted our branch of PSwing to piccolo, they adopted it with 2 minor changes in r863
· Discussed batch vs individual deploy for resources like phetcommon-fonts.properties
1. We’ll implement both
· Discussed how to publish Young & Friedman sims
· #1837 JDK moved on tigercat
1. Posted a checklist of what needs to be done, consulted with Chris
· The Ramp
· Forces & Motion
· Moving Man
· E&E graph should have record/playback, use motion series recording controls.
· Better support for coordinate frames, see MyCanvas
· Better tracking & documentation of sim dependencies and changes
· Make it possible to redeploy sims with common changes without retesting the sim
· Make it possible to deploy an exact version of a sim, could use git for this too?
1. Should add a way to annotate tested versions, and test results
· Publish sim models/approximations on web, as requested by Merlot
1. Latex seems like the right medium for this if it has decent html output
2. I’ve got a document somewhere about the CCK MNA model.
1. #1821 update piccolo
2. In RadioactiveDatingGameApplication 2nd tab, some bounds have NaN against Piccolo 1.3, and nothing renders