PhET Progress Report
October 15, 2009
An online version of this report is available here.
Here's a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
· Our piccolo is a branch based on r390 (around 1.2.1), I’ve been looking into upgrading us to current version r720 (for 1.3), see #1821
· Found 3 issues:
o toImage missed composite bounds, fixed in #137
o toImage uses a different strategy
o in RadioactiveDatingGameApplication 2nd tab, some bounds have NaN
· Helped Chris identify/resolve JSpinner problem on Windows for ReactantsProductsAndLeftovers
· Resolved a few Mac issues
o Discovered the missing slider track problem #1767 is scale dependent
o Still have some global painting problems and focus problems
· Added scroll bars to control panel where necessary
· Organized to-do document
· Should these sim replacements go to tigercat as 2.0?
· Any issues raised by Trish’s classroom usage?
· Anything else need to be done before interviews or tigercat? Many of the issues listed in my to-do document are of dubious priority
· Implemented dynamic time step (predictor/corrector method) for cck.
· Discussed tradeoffs of dynamic time step vs analytical solutions.
· Analyzed 3.17.00 for how it avoids the oscillation problem
· Fixed problem in changing background color.
· Need to decide what’s next to handle RC circuits with R*C << dt and other problems where dt is too large
· Added a test for jpct here, currently no textures, noninteractive, just to check base frame rate
· Discussed high contrast options with Jonathan, identified JXLayer
· Build process: worked toward resolving a problem that trashed svn working copy
· Motion series, see to-do list
· E&E graph should have record/playback, use motion series recording controls.
· Better support for coordinate frames, see MyCanvas
· Better tracking & documentation of sim dependencies and changes
· Make it possible to redeploy sims with common changes without retesting the sim
· Make it possible to deploy an exact version of a sim, could use git for this too?
1. Should add a way to annotate tested versions, and test results