PhET Progress Report
Jan 31, 2008
An online version of this report is available here.
Here’s a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
· Updated translation utility to deploy many translations at once
· Deployed Finnish, Estonian.
· Posted Chinese, Hebrew
· Total 18 different languages appearing at least once
· Discussed translating all Swing components (e.g. File Save dialog)
· Problem in website/deploy prevents Hebrew translations from appearing by default.
· Still needs minor work to streamline deploy-translation process
· Pavel Bohm (Prague) contributed localized version of wave-on-a-string.
· We (Dubson) need to evaluate this and integrate it with our codebase
· We can use this as a basis for extending the translation utility to work with Flash sims.
· He said buttons are difficult to localize.
· Discussed with Chris about solving problems for translations:
1. Translators should work on latest version of strings, not stale main-site copy
2. Make it possible to view all translated strings (including common) when testing.
· Added a utility “deploy-latest” which sends all built jars here. May or may not use this in translation utility.
· Still discussing best way to proceed.
· Helped with hiring process.
· Upgraded to proguard 4.1
· Robert Kruhlak (New Zealand) finished work on evaluation-based masses-and-springs, should we (Dubson) evaluate and integrate this work with ours?
· Geri Dow would like to volunteer.
· Clients are starting to download Flash code, we (Dubson) need to clean up and make sure the right version is in SVN.
· John’s resignation
o Transfer of knowledge
o Hiring process
o Organize requests into unfuddle
· Continue developing Moving Man, Force1D, Ramp with new common libraries, (with Chris)
o Moving man basically complete, start on Ramps next, and use that as the basis for Force1D
o Add “draw-in-graph to create” function for moving-man.
· Generate better reports from Unfuddle/identify ticket times in Unfuddle
· Convert translation utility to use latest version of all-sims.jar (discuss with Chris)
See also Unfuddle for detailed remaining work.