PhET Progress Report
Jan 24, 2008
An online version of this report is available here.
Here’s a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
· Evaluate applications
· Interviews (2 on Tues, one more coming up Thursday)
· Notify applicants?
· Cleanup build+deploy tasks, with Chris.
· Needs more attention and testing.
· Investigated broken installer builders
· New Zealand client wants to embed in an online activity:
· Identify problems compiling masses & springs.
· Identified and resolved problem with launching flash (incompatible flash installer was linked).
· Client is working to make it easy to generate random parameters for masses and springs outside of the application for evaluation purposes.
· We should pick a single version to continue with (there are 3 now in sourceforge)
· Deployed Greek, Chinese
Installer JAR sizes
· While switching from “shared-jar” to “one-jar-per-flavor” paradigm would simplify the build process, it would increase the size of the installer substantially (10+MB)
· John’s resignation
o Transfer of knowledge
o Hiring process
o Organize requests into unfuddle
· Continue developing Moving Man, Force1D, Ramp with new common libraries, (with Chris)
o Moving man basically complete, start on Ramps next, and use that as the basis for Force1D
o Add “draw-in-graph to create” function for moving-man.
· Generate better reports from Unfuddle/identify ticket times in Unfuddle
· Convert translation utility to use latest version of all-sims.jar (discuss with Chris)
See also Unfuddle for detailed remaining work.