PhET Progress Report
Jan 10, 2008
An online version of this report is available here.
Here’s a pie chart representation of the time distribution.
· Collaborated with Chris.
· Non-English languages now render sim title text correctly for splash screen (used to render as empty boxes)
· Fixed Arabic rendering for systems without Arabic support
1. tradeoff between ensuring this works for everyone vs. making it look worse for some
· Narrowed applicants
· What’s next?
· Improve Performance
· Clear confirmation dialogs
· Bugfix for beetle graph display
· Items under discussion:
1. Shadow vs Outline for in-graph readouts
2. Bug report: ladybug numbers don’t update during playback
3. Performance acceptable?
4. Trish recommends no bug fly-off; they are massless and complicate the sim. Should we use dots as graphics? It would be pretty easy to give them mass, but this complicates things further.
5. Still discussing ruler scale.
6. Meters vs. mm?
· Automated testing framework
· Java Version—Urchin estimates (would like confirmation/sources of error)
· Java 6: 37%
· Java 5: 48%
· Java 1.4: 15%
· Brainstorm sim ideas
· Model View Transform –discussion with Chris
· Energy Skate Park—bugfixes in translation file
· John’s resignation
o Transfer of knowledge
o Hiring process
o Organize requests into unfuddle
· Continue developing Moving Man, Force1D, Ramp with new common libraries, (with Chris)
o Moving man basically complete, start on Ramps next, and use that as the basis for Force1D
o Add “draw-in-graph to create” function for moving-man.
· Generate better reports from Unfuddle/identify ticket times in Unfuddle
· Convert translation utility to use latest version of all-sims.jar (discuss with Chris)
See also Unfuddle for detailed remaining work.